Pages

Friday 3 February 2017

Powell to start a BCCC Revolution


It will be all change for Andy Powell in this year's Britpart MSA British Cross Country Championship when he drives a Walker-Adams Revolution 4x4 for the first time.

Powell has previously competed in a Simmbugghini, a relatively heavy beam-axled car with a large engine. In contrast, the Revolution 4x4 has a base weight of 700kg, independent suspension and a small 1.0 engine.

"It will certainly take some time to get used to the new car, it's totally different to what I am used to - I'm going from one extreme to the other," said Powell. "I'd been considering switching to a UTV-style car for a while as they're getting increasingly popular for competition use."

"I spoke with Walker-Adams after seeing their car online and being impressed with it. I was very pleased to be asked to drive and help develop the car for comp safari use this season."

"The car uses Ford's 1.0 turbo-charged Ecoboost engine which generates around 140bhp. Combined with the light weight I think it'll perform pretty well, I'm certainly feeling very positive about the season."

Walker-Adams Director Steve Adams commented: "Our aim for the season is to have fun and finish. As well as Andy competing in the BCCC, I'll be racing the Revolution 4x4 in the SXS championship so it looks like it will be an exciting year."